Hello!

Welcome to our mid-life crisis! These are the chronicles of Laura and Patrick, their young son Jack, and their goofball Labrador Retriever named Evinrude (Rudy), as they travelled the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific coast of mainland Mexico in their catamaran. We went cruising in search of a change of pace, a closer knit family, and peace of mind. We found all three and more. The fun all started in October, 2008 and nearly four years later the Mexican adventure came to an end August 3rd, 2012. With our mid-life crisis cured in Mexico, we are excited to start a new adventure - life back in America.

Candeleros Chico

Candeleros Chico
Just another beautiful day at anchor on the Baja. 2010

Dolphins at play in the bow wake 2011

Dolphins at play in the bow wake  2011

Sunday, February 1, 2009

and waiting.....

Colin and Sharon on Mama Bird have just left the dock, headed to points south. We hope to be catching up with them, and Sunbaby and Third Day to name a few once we get fixed and on our way again.

Before she left, Sharon gave Patrick a lesson on how to cut my hair. Sharon was the one who first gave me the short "pixie" do in La Paz, so I was very excited to have her teach Patrick. Thankfully she was there to fix his first attempt. I have promised to email her the picture from his next attempt when there is no one there to fix it. I laughed for about five minutes when I first saw myself in the mirror. Patrick looked a little offended while he watched me practicing how to tie a scarf on my head attractively.

Hopefully tomorrow we will hear something from Yanmar.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment